Unarmed Teen Killed by police in St Louis! He was suppose to start his first day of college today! #mikebrown
Keep reblogging this guys….
1. Eric Garner executed on July 17th, 2014. Put in illegal choke hold and strangled by the NYPD
2. Pregnant lady gets put in an illegal chokehold by an NYPD officer for “illegally grilling” while her seven year old daughter watches July 27th, 2014
3. NYPD enters wrong house and drags a naked woman across the floor, then pepper sprays her four year old grandson August 2nd, 2014.
4. Man shot and killed by police for holding a toy gun in a Walmart, Dayton, Ohio - August 6th, 2014
5. Unarmed Black teen shot ten times by the Ferguson Police while walking home with his friend from the convenience store - August 9th, 2014
Since July 17th there has been five reported occurrences exemplifying the police and American justice system’s lack of reverence for Black life. These are the five stories that were able to attract at least minimal attention. Who knows what is going on out there covered up (like the Ferguson police is trying to do with Mike Brown’s murder), unrecorded, and unknown. In the past 23 days the police have perpetrated the humiliation, degradation, and murdering of Black dignity,souls, and people. Knowledge is power. Do not rely on mainstream media to give you the full/accurate story. They will always be complicit in the devaluing of Black life because Blackness has been criminalized in America. Please spread these stories and add any more that you know of under the hashtag #badges are the new hoods. We need to start documenting, and spreading information. They will try to silence us as they did to Ramsey Orta, and Alba Lekaj, the people who filmed the NYPD harasing and murdering Eric Garner. But united we can make a difference. Knowledge is power. Stay woke Black America, Stay woke.
this happened in the past 23 days
Message of the Day- Don’t let anything stop you from following your dreams.
From Jay-Z telling him he needs to stick to producing, to a almost fatal Car accident, Having his mouth wired and still recording, To his mom Passing away, to people trying to minimize his success, Kanye Has never let anyone or anything control his ambition.
Just look at this picture from 12yrs ago and imagine where music would be if He would have given up on his dreams.
Don’t ever dwell on what you don’t have, if you don’t have something at the moment, God just doesn’t think your ready, so be happy with what you have and use those tools to help you get what you need! 🙏😊
"I have no mercy or compassion in me for a society that will crush people, and then penalize them for not being able to stand under the weight."
You want to know how to rhyme, then learn how to add. It’s mathematics” - Mos Def
(Source: wzlf, via 5dollarsand2cent)
"Hip-hop is such a disposable art form from a business standpoint. It never treats its artists as art; it never treats its product as art." -Questlove